Originally from Auckland, New Zealand, Jorja B. Loftin would go on to work at the firm that would become Loftin, Loftin & May as a receptionist for her father-in-law, Pat Loftin. During this time, she witnessed firsthand how lawyers can make a significant difference in people’s lives during times of need. This inspired her to enroll in Faulkner University, where she graduated summa cum laude in 2012 and obtained her Juris Doctorate.
Since obtaining her law degree, Jorja has done significant work as an attorney. With her practice focused on personal injury, family law, probate law, and civil litigation, many of Jorja’s clients are people going through difficult times. In every case she takes, Jorja tries to put herself in the client’s position and think about what she would want from her attorney and the outcome if she was going through this. What’s going on in a client’s case is often the most important and pressing thing in their life, and Jorja strives to take that stress off their shoulders while pursuing the best possible outcome.
Jorja is an accomplished softball player, having represented New Zealand at the Junior World Series in Nan Jing, China. She also played for the New Zealand National Team, the White Sox. She went on to play for Auburn University, where she led the team in home runs her senior year. She understands the hard work and commitment that it takes to be successful and applies those same principles to her legal practice. Outside of law, she spends time with her husband and three children. She is also an avid cyclist, mountain biker, and participates in triathlons.
- Alabama – 2012
- Georgia – 2013
- Federal Court for the Middle District Of Alabama
- Russell County Bar Association – current Treasurer. Former Bar President 2016-17
- Muscogee County Bar Association
- Certified Mediator
Awards / Accolades:
- SEC Honor Roll - 2005, 2006, 2007
- National Moot Court Competition Finalist – 2011
- Law Review, Faulkner University, Jones School of Law 2010-12
- Advocacy Award – Faulkner University, Jones School of Law. This is the highest award given at graduation. - 2012
- The National Trial Lawyers’ List of the Top 40 Under 40 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers in Alabama - 2021
- Rising Star List by Super Lawyers - 2021
- NAOPIA's Top 10 Under 40 Personal Injury Lawyer for the State of Alabama - 2022
Professional Speaking Events:
- Auburn University - Understanding Clinical Fear, and Using CBT to work with Suicidal Clients. Jorja presented on the legal implications of working with suicidal clients.