We are pleased to announce that our very own attorney Jorja B. Loftin has been selected to the 2021 Alabama Rising Stars List. Each year, the Rising Stars list recognizes no more than 2.5% of lawyers in each state while the Super Lawyers list recognizes no more than 5% of attorneys in each state. To be eligible for inclusion in the Rising Stars list, a candidate must be either 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less.
Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a patented multiphase process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates, and peer reviews by practice area. To give you a brief overview of the four-step process, take a look below:
- Nominations: A lawyer enters the candidate pool via a managing partner survey, peer nominations, third-party feedback, or identification by the Super Lawyers research team.
- Independent research: Lawyers are then evaluated on 12 indicators of professional achievement and peer recognition, which include but are not limited to:
- Bar and/or professional activity
- Special licenses/certifications
- Education/employment background
- Peer Evaluation: Candidates with the highest point totals from steps 1 and 2 serve on the Blue Ribbon Panel, where members evaluate other candidates within their primary practice area.
- Final selection: Those who are not selected to the Super Lawyers list but meet either one of the Rising Stars criteria (no more than 40 years old or in practice for 10 years or less) undergo the Rising Stars selection process. Again, only 2.5% of attorneys in each state earn this recognition.
The result of this rigorous selection process is a credible, comprehensive, and diverse listing of exceptional attorneys, such as our very own Jorja Loftin.
The Super Lawyers lists are published nationwide in Super Lawyers Magazines and leading city and regional magazines and newspapers across the country. Super Lawyers Magazines also feature editorial profiles of attorneys who embody excellence in the practice of law. For more information about Super Lawyers, visit SuperLawyers.com.
Get in Touch with Us for Your Legal Needs
Loftin, Loftin & May serves clients throughout Phenix City in a broad range of legal capacities, including personal injury law, family law, bankruptcy law, and more. If you need award-winning legal counsel with over 40 combined years of experience, you’ve come to the right place.
Schedule your free consultation online or at (334) 310-0208!